Short Poem: Lingering expectations

Lingering expectations


I wait in vain, everyday.
The clock doesn't stop ticking.
I stare at my phone.
So many things to say,
Mental notes made throughout the day.
11.58, 11.59, 12.00,
no signs of you.
Disappointed, I console myself.
There will be another night,
there will be another hope.
Someday, maybe, instead of me,
Your work will have to wait.

Bhakti G © 2019

Lately, I've been observing that people around me are so busy focusing on their work 24*7 that they've forgotten any life outside it. I have a limited circle and now I spend most of my days waiting for people to find time to even speak on the call. At the end of my day when I want to share things, none have the time to listen because they are working late nights, working weekends, working from home on festival days, basically just WORKING!
India's work culture really needs a transformation.

Comments